Head of Programs, Partnerships and Networks
- Duties and Responsibilities:
Working with teams to review and implement CoRSU fundraising strategy by:
- Striving to achieve CoRSU’s agreed fundraising annual targets as agreed with the PMO Team and supervisor.
- Seeking specific grant funding opportunities to match hospital priorities.
- Helping to develop exciting new creative fundraising strategies. Developing successful fundraising events, including receptions for major donors and artistic performances.
- Establish a internal grants and fundraising committee
- Develop project concepts and proposals to prospecting partners and donors.
- Identifying opportunities for funding by recruiting new supporters and advocates, who represent CoRSU on a local and international level such as ‘Friends of CoRSU’ and ‘Good will Ambassadors.’
- Supporting the team to develop attractive resources to accompany CoRSU’s initiative of “putting patients first”.
- Ensuring that high quality grant applications are submitted on time.
Managing existing and new grants (i.e. external and local donors):
- Harnessing and maintaining relationships with existing donors, partners including provision of timely and regular reporting updates.
- Ensuring access of up-to date and accurate records of all donations.
- Making presentations and relevant follow up to potential donors and partners.
- To provide reports (Statistics and Narrative) as required.
- Tracking grants utilization and ensuring that they are utilized as per grant agreements.
- Generate draft grants and fundraising status reports for review by the Head of Partnerships and for discussion by management.
Establishing additional sources of funding by;
- Working closely PMO Team Leader to update Head of Programs and Partnerships, to establish potential funding opportunities and make detailed applications to trust funds and potential donors.
- Establishing and maintaining clear fundraising systems and ensuring that regular funding applications are made on time.
- To proactively communicate to donors (private and public partners, etc) with updates, “thank-you” notes and short proposals as required.
- Monitoring the outcome of grant/ subsidy applications by establishing an appropriate data base for monthly reporting.
- Contribute to improve and update the Program Handbook
- To periodically update the donor database.
- Organizing partnerships and participating in public fundraising drives.
- Participating in the development of CoRSU publications including Newsletter, Fliers, Annual Reports and Brochures, etc.
- Engaging with the partners (public and other institutions) to create and maintain networks.
- To closely coordinate with the PR office and the CoRSU PA over the planned public fundraising events.
- Any other tasks as agreed by and with the supervisor
- Qualification and Work Experience:
- University Degree in Project planning and management; Fundraising, Grants management, Proposal writing, or any other relevant field. A post graduate training in proposal writing or fundraising is preferred where the first degree is dissimilar.
- 3 years’ experience in regard to writing funding proposals and a proven track record of writing successful grants
- Experience in working with the Not-for-Profit organizations and the NGO sector with a proven track record working with research grants.
- A clear understanding of the workings of bi-lateral and multi-lateral institutional donors.
- Good understanding of disability related research grants and programming.
- Excellent report writing skills with proven ability to compile donor reports and analytics, good communication, presentation, coordination and social skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Computer literate, proficient with MS Word, Excel, and statistical programs.
- Strong work ethics, high level of confidentiality and integrity.
Sensitive and committed to gender equity and diversity