Objective of the Position: To ensure the effective and efficient organization of the Radiology Department including performing x-ray and ultra sound examinations, taking care of the x-ray machines/related resources, report writing /documentation of and preparation of patient statistics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Arranging the room to receive patients and other preparations
- Perform x-ray examinations
- Chemical preparation
- Taking care of the equipment while ensuring that the x-ray machines are in good operational condition.
- Report any faults to the Medical Director and Biomedical Engineering Department
- Ensure efficient service for outpatients and in patients
- Ensure radiation protection and safety
- Ensure that the hospital is abiding by the atomic energy council guideline
- Be responsible for registration and licensing of the unit.
Qualification and Work Experience:
- A Degree in Radiography from a recognized institution;
- Registered with the Allied Health Professionals’ Council.
- Knowledge of digital, automatic and manual X-ray processing
- At least 2 years of working experience in a hospital
- Ability to do ultrasound examinations
- Knowledge of disease processes so as to take good quality x-rays
- Knowledge of diagnostic x-ray equipment and ability to trouble shoot when problems encountered.
- Good patient interaction.
Qualified persons should submit their applications (detailed CV with cover letter plus copies of Academic Qualifications) to The Head of Human Resources and Organisational Development, P.O. 46 Kisubi or email to email@example.com. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews.
NB: Capable People with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.