Head of Orthopaedic Department
Objective of Position:
- To ensure proper management of patients in the plaster room, clinical participation as well as accurate, comprehensive and timely recording of all patient data. The position holder shall provide professional support to other Orthopaedic Officers in the clubfoot clinic by:
- Participating in the activities designated in plaster room; including evaluation of patients, consultation with the surgeons in difficult cases, institution of interventions.
- Engaging in regular maintenance and servicing orthopaedic equipment or preparation of fault reports to electrician.
- Compiling reports and data in coordination with Orthopaedic Officers for timely submission.
- Handling documentation and clinic notes as expected.
- Adhering to professional code of conduct and ethics.
- Being punctual on duty according to established working timetable.
- Being polite in his/her relationship with patients, staff, attendants, supervisors and subordinates.
- Actively and consistently updating knowledge and skills particularly in orthopaedics.
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned, from time to time.
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- Diploma in Orthopaedic Medicine from a recognized institution
- Basic clubfoot training course
- At least 2 years working experience practicing orthopaedics.
- Registered with the Uganda Allied Health Council.
- A good command of the English language.
- Able to comprehend orthopaedic terminology.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment.
- Ability to work effectively within the role independently and with other team members.
Qualified persons should submit their applications (detailed CV with cover letter plus copies of Academic Qualifications) to The Head of Human Resources and Organisational Development, P.O. 46 Kisubi or email to email@example.com. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews.
NB: Capable People with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.