Objective of the position
This position requires a person with good understanding and adequate capacity in stock and stores management. The position holder shall assist the Stores Manager in day today stores operations; issuing, receiving and updating stock records as well compiling stock reports. He/She will be responsible for managing CoRSU mini stores by ensuring that Bin cards and stock ledgers are properly posted and reconciled.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and record all delivered stock by suppliers, donors etc.
- Monitor Stock level and advise the respective departments to initiate procurements for replenishment purposes.
- Issue stocks on request against official and approved documentation.
- Ensure safety of stock through limiting access to stores by an authorized staff.
- Maintain orderly and up to date documentation and filling system of stores items.
- Participate in generating of stock movement reports on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that the disposal area is well organized.
- Post receipts and issues in the Inventory control system. (tally)
- Coordinate the weighing and disposal of bio waste to the satisfaction of the Stores Manager.
- Ensure that the stores are neat and well laid out and shelves are properly demarcated.
- Participate in quarterly stock takes and cycle counts of the different stores.
- Any other duties as will be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Diploma in Business Administration/Logistics/Stores Management from recognized Institution.
- Knowledge of Computer applications like Word, Access, Excel.
- Excellent planning, organisation, documentation, communication and interpersonal skills Additional
- Knowledge of stores operations and inventory management practices is desirable.
- Knowledge of stores operations and inventory management practices.
- Over 2 years’ experience working in a pharmaceutical stores environment.
- Proactive, high sense of integrity and honesty; demonstrated sense of care while serving clients.
- Capable of working under minimum supervision while organizing stocks and prepare basic stores reports.
Qualified persons should submit their applications (detailed CV with cover letter plus copies of Academic Qualifications) to The Head of Human Resources and Organisational Development, P.O. 46 Kisubi or email to email@example.com. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews.
NB: Capable People with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.