Head of Rehabilitation Services
Orthopaedic Workshop Assistants
Overall Job Purpose: To fabricate good quality 3D printed Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - face shields, prostheses (sockets) and orthoses and in-charge of 3D lab. To support the team in the fabrication of good quality 3D printed PPE (face shields), prostheses (sockets) and orthoses under supervision of Orthopaedic Technologist (3D printer operator) and or P&O Team Leader.
The two positions are facilitated through Cariplo Foundation Italy through CBMIT. The grant is about 3D printing and will enable push forward the 3D printing venture at CoRSU.
Detailed Roles and responsibilities
- Plans and budgets for 3D lab monthly.
- Manufactures at least 30 PPE (Face shields) monthly and 10 3D printed prostheses/orthoses quarterly.
- Oversees the Orthopaedic Workshop (OWS) Assistant (3D printer Technician) activities.
- Conducts at least 1 continuous medical education (CME) sessions in 3D technology for the Rehab. Team quarterly.
- Responsible for developing and or updating P&O unit 3D printing standard operating procedures.
- Participates in one departmental meeting monthly.
- Participates in research in P&O specifically 3D printability.
- Participates in Community Outreach activity whenever required.
- Refers clients to the respective department or specialists for consultation and appropriate intervention.
- Responsible for maintenance of all 3D lab equipment by ensuring regular servicing.
- Liaises with various disciplines/departments involved in client rehabilitation.
Academic/Professional qualifications, work experience, knowledge & skills
- Diploma in Orthopaedic Technology
- Updated registration and annual practicing licence with Allied Health Professionals’ Council
- 2 years’ working experience
- 3D printing experience
- Knowledge of different Orthopaedics technologies
- Knowledge of rehabilitation of people with disabilities especially children
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures (SOPs) in accordance with FATO and ISPO
- Good computer knowledge and documentation skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Good customer care skills
- Knowledge of English and at least two Ugandan local languages
- Analytical and organizational skills
Qualified persons should submit their applications (detailed CV with cover letter plus copies of Academic Qualifications) to The Head of Human Resources and Organisational Development, P.O. 46 Kisubi or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews.
NB: Capable People with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.