NUCP FEET Country coordinator
Overall Job Purpose: The National Clubfoot Program of Uganda (NCPU) is a partnership between the Ministry of Health, Mulago Hospital, CoRSU and Miraclefeet. The mission of the NCPU is: To make sure that every child born with clubfeet has access to quality clubfoot care in Uganda and that clubfoot treatment is integrated in the general health system by 2030.
The NCPU team is now looking for a professional who will focus on providing and organizing EDR workshops, creating community awareness, advocate with stakeholders, develop PR and introduce social media. This person will work under the supervision and is responsible to the Country Coordinator.
NCPU program currently coordinates Clubfoot clinics in 24 hospitals with an enrollment of 2014 babies. Following the expansion, it is observed that the current staffing is over stretched owing to increasing need to support the clinics in early case detection and referral and as well as curbing brace drop out, this position will boost services in order to remain focused toward the program goal.
Detailed Roles and responsibilities
- Develop teaching materials and posters for EDR workshops and community awareness
- Organize and train others in giving EDR workshops in hospitals, health centres, for nurses, midwifes and other health professionals working with young children
- Organize EDR workshops for Nursing/Midwifery schools
- Work with the Nursing council to develop a module that can be incorporated in the curriculum of nursing/midwifery schools and train the trainers in using this module
- Organize EDR workshops for Village Health Teams at District level
- Organize and participate in radio and Televion programs
- Develop the content for a website for the program and keep it updated
- Advocate and communicate with stakeholders, like parents, other organizations like NGO’s and CBO’s, and Ministry of health at district, regional and national level.
- Accountable for funds used for these activities
- Follow up on children who drop out of treatment
- Be working under supervision of the Country coordinator
Academic/Professional qualifications, work experience, knowledge & skills
- University Degree in Disability studies, Community Based Rehabilitation, Social work/Social Science, and Community Development Studies or its equivalent.
- Recognised training in Community Rehabilitation, Advocacy, leadership and mobilisation skills is added advantage.
- Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel and Power point)
- 5 ears of professional experience with interest in healthcare and education
- Proven experience in building and managing effective partnerships.
- Excellent people management skills
- Experience in Community Based Rehabilitation and Community development work.
- Experience in Disability management and Advocacy work.
- Passionate about NCPU’s mission.
- Creative in finding ways to get messages across
- Willing to travel upcountry up to 30% of the time
- Excellent communication, presentation social, reporting and Training Skills.
- Fluent in English and with knowledge of Luganda among other languages from the central region