Overall Job Purpose
The Project Officer will be responsible for the programmatic deliverables for the project in the 2 districts of the Central Region while based at CoRSU. The Project Officer will work under the direction of the Grants Manager and provide technical assistance to ensure that the BMZ project goals and objectives are achieved. This Officer will assist with planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project.
CBM International, the German NGO and all its association members were instrumental to the foundation, development and support to the development of CoRSU Rehabilitation Hospital, the local partner. The CBM BMZ project is designed with a duality of approaches to achieve 15,000 people with disabilities served by 2024 successfully with a variety of disability programming initiatives in 10 districts of Uganda to:
- in type of rehabilitation approach by using community based inclusive development and medical based rehabilitation approaches and;
- secondly, in location of the programing by selecting both rural based and urban based districts.
The Consortium will be based along Community Based Inclusive Development approaches and medical based rehabilitation approaches.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Grants Manager in implementing the project scope and in the development of the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to facilitate decision-making for project start-up.
- Assists with the preparation of the Project Implementation Plan (PIP) and other key documents to support the project.
- Assists with the creation of the Annual Work Plans (AWPs) and schedules for the project and its components for the approval of the Grants Manager.
- Assists with the project budget management as well as conducting budget reviews and analyses in conjunction with the Project Accountant for discussion with the Grants Manager.
- Assists with the implementation of finance and accounting, records management, communications, feedback, monitoring and evaluation frameworks are effectively established to facilitate project start up and to support the project to completion.
- Assists the Grants Manager with the establishment of sustainability and project exit strategies from the inception of the project to completion.
- Develops requests for procurements for the approval by the Grants Manager.
- Interfaces with project contractors, service providers, key stakeholders; and keeps track of their deliverables, and keeps the Grants Manager up-to-date.
- Interacts with and supports the CoRSU and consortium project partners in the execution of the project components.
- Prepares regular reports to assist the Grants Manager to track the progress of project components to ensure schedules and deadlines are being met.
- Identify project issues (challenges) and possible solutions, and bring them to the attention of the Grants Manager for action.
- Performs any other related duties.
Minimum Training and Experience:
- An undergraduate degree in Finance Management, Social Sciences, Humanities, or a related field.
- Relevant postgraduate qualification.
- A relevant Project Management qualification such as Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and experience.
- At least three (3) years’ experience providing support to medium to large scale projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Dynamic professional with experience in project planning, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of medium to large projects.
- Strong project management and reporting skills.
- Must be able to provide technical advice and support to the Grants Manager.
- Ability to work closely with the project accountant and collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary teams and CoRSU partners.
- Knowledge of the medical rehabilitation care services within the central and eastern regions.
- Understanding of consortium partners’ administration systems as well as that of CBM BMZ.
- Knowledge and understanding of the ten (10) districts in the Central and Western regions (where CoRSU, KCH and OURS) shall operate.
- Knowledge and understanding of Performance Management Frameworks (PMFs).
- Good understanding of Results Based Management (RBM).
- Good working knowledge of internationally accepted rules governing procurement of goods and services.
- Good communications (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent people relational skills.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of different project management software and the Microsoft Office Suite.