Overall Job Purpose: The Project Driver and Logistics Officer shall be responsible for providing the BMZ project supply chain needs/requirements including procuring all the BMZ project supplies and services, accounting for all the project assets, managing stocks, deliveries and managing fleet concerns. The Project Driver and Logistics Officer shall support project staff in all their travel within and around project area of operation as required. He/she will support office operations such as photocopying, printing, and other logistics and operational support as needed.
CBM International, the German NGO and all its association members were instrumental to the foundation, development and support to the development of CoRSU Rehabilitation Hospital, the local partner. The CBM BMZ project is designed with a duality of approaches to achieve 15,000 people with disabilities served by 2024 successfully with a variety of disability programming initiatives in 10 districts of Uganda to:
- in type of rehabilitation approach by using community based inclusive development and medical based rehabilitation approaches and;
- secondly, in location of the programing by selecting both rural based and urban based districts.
The Consortium will be based along Community Based Inclusive Development approaches and medical based rehabilitation approaches.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer transport, administration and logistic support for the BMZ project;
- Provide transportation for the Project, staff pickup and drop-off to-and-from project related activity locations, airport collection and transport of visitors as directed by the immediate supervisor
- Coordinate with the Procurement Office to follow up and execute drivers’ planning and scheduling (probably using Outlook Calendar or other means of scheduling) as assigned;
- Keep a logbook of all vehicle use and travel, and register transportation requests with the Procurement Office in the relevant location as assigned;
- Assist the Project Accountant and the Finance team to deliver purchase orders, payment transfers to the bank and/or suppliers, conduct petty cash purchases for minor office expenditure;
- Register, deliver and distribute mail as needed, both incoming and outgoing;
- Assist the Procurement Office to obtain quotations and raise procurement requisitions for small value purchases (as required);
- Collect travel and facilitation accountability tickets, receipts and vouchers for project staff and ensure safety of equipment while in transit;
- Assist project staff in the facilitation of document processing or certification;
- Deliver correspondence to government authorities and assist in processing various permits (such as licenses, local government bills/receipts, travel-pass etc.);
- Liaise with the immediate supervisor and the Project Manager on all travel transfers of and support for CoRSU vehicles;
- Assist Grants Manager with Asset management; movement, transfers to stores, labelling and stock takes, recording, etc;
- Assist Program staff while in the field with support tasks related to basic IT support functions such as photocopying, connecting and taking care of IT equipment while in the field;
- Provide relief reception assistance when required CoRSU Admin reception;
- Proactively assist teams and work flexibly across the program;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Conduct weekly vehicle inspection and submit forms to the immediate supervisor;
- Follow up on safety, insurance sticker renewal and registrations;
- Obtain quotes for minor vehicle maintenance and subsequent submission to the Procurement Office;
- Determine when and what kind of maintenance the vehicle needs, keep track of general maintenance schedules, especially car tire condition and report to immediate supervisor for action;
- Ensure sound running of the vehicles assigned and arrange minor repairs where necessary;
- Check oil, water and tires properly and keep the CoRSU vehicles in clean condition, both inside and outside;
- Update monthly mileage records and provide data to immediate supervisor for monthly operations reporting;
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Training and Experience:
- A Diploma in logistics and supplies management plus a certificate in defensive driving is essential; Or,
- A degree in logistics and supplies management plus a certificate in defensive driving is desirable.
- Five (5) years of previous experience in a similar driver and administrative role for an international or local but reputable donor project.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Valid and appropriate level driving license;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral English language skills;
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to meet management deadlines;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, with the aim of providing administrative support in an efficient manner;
- Ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an office environment;
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.