In-charge Nurse (OPD, WARD or THEATRE)
Overall Job Purpose
To provide team support by providing individualized patient care to diversity of patients to make significant difference in the lives of patients and their families. The position holder shall be kept a part of a pool of nurses to cover the manpower gaps in the nursing team.
Specifically, the Key Performance Objectives (KPOs) are:
- Observed proper time management
- Maintained good patient interaction
- Keeping a regular work schedule and availability at the working station
- Patients are well prepared for surgery.
- Patient safety before, during and after surgery Maintained
- Infection Protection and Control (IPC) measures observed in the work environment.
- Professional conduct kept and adhered to as part of the ethical codes of conduct.
- Collaboration with colleagues and good team work maintained
- Leadership supervision and support provided to the Enrolled Nurses in the team.
- Participation in CMEs
- Nursing professional ethics upheld
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- Essential are a Diploma in Nursing, Registration with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council (UNMC) and Certificate in First Aid.
- Desirable as an added advantage are relevant training in health services management as well as good computer knowledge and skills.
- 3 years’ work experience in a Hospital setting especially in an operating Theatre is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal relationship, integrity and personal maturity and respect are key.
- Candidate should be self-driven and results oriented with good customer care especially when dealing with children having a disability.
- Knowledge of at least 3 local languages is desirable