Theater; In-charge Nurse
Overall Job Purpose
To provide individualized patient care to a diversity of patients by supporting the Theatre team of Surgeons, Nurses and Anaesthetists to make significant difference in the lives of patients and their families.
Specifically, the Key Performance Objectives (KPOs) are:
- Timely reporting (punctuality) and regular duty attendance.
- Theatres cleaned/prepared and made for surgery
- Theatre trolleys prepared and made for surgery
- Used Theatre equipment, tables and floor regularly cleaned (washed and disinfected).
- Surgeons and Anaesthetists assisted during Theatre operations
- Infection Protection and control (IPC) measures regularly carried out.
- Nurses assisted in circulating as well as receiving of patients at the changing bay.
- Dignity and confidentiality upheld in all patient care and Theatre operations.
- Positive relationship and team work maintained among health care teams.
- Accurate documentation and communication of all patient information maintained.
- Patient and employee safety and protection maintained.
- Regular participation in CMEs and other forms of learning maintained.
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- Certificate in Theatre Techniques although a Diploma in Theatre Techniques is desirable.
- A Certificate in First Aid and a pre-training qualification in nursing care as a Nursing Assistant is added advantage.
- Good computer knowledge and skills
- A 3years’ experience in the Theatre Assistant role in a hospital setting.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of at least 3 local languages