Head of Pharmacy and Diagnostics
Overall Job Purpose: To provide radiology services by performing the radiological and diagnostic imaging procedures as requested by the doctors.
Key Result Areas
- Effective and efficient organization of the Radiology Department
- X-ray and ultrasound examinations performed by the doctor.
- X-ray/ultrasound scan machines/related resources servicing/maintenance monitoring ensured.
- Report writing /documentation and preparation of patient statistics provided.
Detailed Roles and responsibilities
- Arranging the room to receive patients and other preparations
- Prepare patients for radiological examinations.
- Perform x-ray and ultrasound examinations and provide quality work.
- Ensuring that equipment’s are secure, functional and well maintained.
- Report any faults to the Medical Director and Biomedical Engineering Department
- Ensure efficient service for outpatients and in patients
- Ensure radiation protection and safety
- Ensure that the hospital is abiding by the atomic energy council guideline
- Be responsible for registration and licensing of the unit.
Academic/Professional qualifications, work experience, knowledge & skills
- Degree in Radiography from a recognized institution
- Registration with the Allied Health Professionals’ Council.
- At least 2 years of working experience in a hospital.
- Knowledge of digital, automatic and manual X-ray processing
- Ability to do ultrasound examinations.
- Knowledge of disease processes so as to take good quality x-rays.
- Knowledge of diagnostic x-ray equipment and ability to trouble shoot when problems encountered.
- Good patient interaction.
- Training in pattern recognition ultrasonography especially small parts and MSK
Knowledge of local languages