- Specific job responsibilities include the following:
- Works closely (collaborates) with other Technicians in the estates department under the supervision of Estates Manager to periodically monitor and evaluate the status of hospital furniture, fixtures and fittings.
- Ensure that hospital furniture, fixtures and fittings are maintained in good condition and is safe to use. He/she shall be engaged within the premises to:
- Repair and fit all such items like doors, windows, frames, cupboards, etc.
- Fix broken glasses on doors and windows
- Repair and service hospital doors, locks, drawers.
- Restore broken wooden furniture where possible.
- Repair wooden crutches for patients.
- Change and restore custer wheels on chairs, beds, trollies, etc.
- Repair leaking roofs and ceiling boards as shall be agreed with Estates Manager
- Upon request, the Carpenter shall be engaged to fabricate/construct/make:
- New furniture such as chairs, tables, benches
- Medical related items like casting sticks for OPD and theatre as well as wooden rolling boards used for rolling gauze in theatre and OPD.
- Both wooden and steel products based on the level of expertise and skill set.
- Maintain a record/log of his/her attendance and the identified carpentry tasks at hand, what has achieved and what is pending.
- Required Competencies: Academic qualifications, knowledge and skills
- Diploma in Carpentry is essential while a Higher diploma is desirable.
- Carpentry knowledge and skills and ability to work on own initiative and meet deadline is desirable.
- Two years’ experience working in a hospital setting is an added advantage.
How to apply: Applications (an email or a letter of interest and copies of academic qualifications) should be submitted to The Head of Human Resources, CoRSU Hospital P.O. 46 Kisubi or email to email@example.com