Programs and Communications Officer
Overall Job Purpose: The position holder shall provide support to the successful implementation of programs under their purview. This shall include;
- Collecting, preparing and uploading patient profiles as guided by the donor requirements
- The documentation of intervention patient summaries,
- Monitoring the flow and follow up of patients as per their treatment plans,
- Providing logistical support regarding preparation of reports
Working closely with Program Management Office team in activities that contribute to increased brand awareness through publicity, market share, maintain good public image, develop and maintain brand consistency of CoRSU Rehabilitation Hospital.
Transforming Faces (TF) aims contributing to changing the lives of cleft lip and palate patients thru cleft lip and palate repairs. The program also supports the strengthening of Community Outreach and Provision of Comprehensive Support for Children Born with Cleft in Uganda Project.
The Healinghugs (HH) is a program implemented at CoRSU and is funded by Hope and Healing International. The program contributes towards the costs of surgeries and treatment at CoRSU hospital for children below 18 years. Involved activities range from gathering material in form of patient profiles among others as requested by the donor.
Detailed Roles and responsibilities
- Compile and develop patient profiles during their rehabilitation process,
- Prepare reports, and action plans as per donor requirements,
- Collect and store electronic photos/pictures and stories of patients as requested,
- Take and process electronic photos/pictures of patients (photo classification especially children). These are before and after surgery pictures for the donors,
- Assist in coordinating projects as assigned by the immediate supervisor,
- Assist in compiling articles, interviews and features about CoRSU and contributes in updating and regularly disseminating the CoRSU Program Portfolio.
- Assist in updating the archive of photographs for reports, publications, etc.
- Provide support for public events,
- Supporting the Programs Management team in preparation of new grant applications
Academic/Professional qualifications, work experience, knowledge & skills
- University degree in a relevant field, preferably Mass Communication OR Project management
- Qualification in professional photographic courses
- Training in use of observation and media reporting tools
- Grants writing/project proposal writing is an added advantage.
- 2 years’ experience in supporting funding proposal writing teams with a proven track record of writing successful grants.
- 1-2 years’ experience in customer care, marketing and communication
- Experience in taking good quality professional pictures
- Good understanding of disability
- Good computer knowledge and skills
- Ability to use the internet to find relevant funding opportunities
- Knowledge of local languages
Qualified persons should submit their applications (detailed CV with cover letter plus copies of Academic Qualifications) to The Head of Human Resources and Organisational Development, P.O. 46 Kisubi or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews.
NB: Capable People with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.