NCPU Country Coordinator
Overall Job Purpose: The mission of NCPU is to make sure that clubfoot treatment is integrated in the general health system by 2030. NCPU is now looking for a professional who will provide efficient and effective administrative functionality of the program office located at CoRSU Hospital. He/she will be engaged on part-time basis 3/5days per week to maintain good internal and external communication and support coordination of office work. The job holder shall work under the supervision of the Country Coordinator.
Main Job Functions:
- Manage the filing, storage and retrieval of office documents, scanning, and distribution of files and ensure that all records and databases are updated.
- Information management by gathering, transmitting/conveying, sorting, retrieving, interpreting and evaluating information. Process and draft documents and presentations.
- Manage and requisition, stationery, office supplies and refreshments for the office.
- Manage and maintain inventory system for both office equipment and clubfoot clinic supplies to ensure efficient service delivery.
- Receive requisitions for supplies from clubfoot clinics, complete requisition form for authorization and pack materials for dispatch.
- Coordinate the internal and external departmental interaction programs including coordinating the travel schedules for program teams going for field work.
- Register and follow up requisitions with Finance and Procurement to ensure timely authorization for payment and delivery of goods.
- Organize, schedule and facilitate any program meetings, events, appointments, prepare documentation, select venues, follow up on meetings, attend meetings and take minutes thereof and update the team accordingly.
- Monitor the status and coordinate repairs and maintenance of the office environment, furniture, equipment, utilities and housekeeping.
- Receive, classify and register incoming and outgoing office correspondences and disseminate them to action Centres.
- Handle Telephone conferencing and initiate/attend to callers either in person and screen & direct visitors/clients/customers who come on appointment, meeting or inquiries as per their requests and handle administrative inquiries.
Academic & Professional qualifications:
- A Bachelors of Office and Information Management or relevant degree from a recognized university
- Proven experience in administrative work and managing effective partnerships & relationships
- Two years’ relevant working experience in a busy environment.
- Knowledge of deformities that occur in children
- Knowledge of English and at least two local (Ugandan) languages
- Computer knowledge and documentation skills
- Good communication, presentation and social skills