Head of Human Resource and Organizational Development
Overall Job Purpose: To provide support in the delivery of the various human resource functions and activities in order to ensure better performance of the Human Resource within the hospital.
Key Result Areas
- HR information system Updated.
- Organisational changes, HR policies and procedures and payroll information implemented as per given schedules.
- Employee welfare, health and safety requests and concerns responded to within 24hours.
- Employee performance management followed up and 100% appraisals attained.
- Employee capacity building and training fully facilitated.
- Employee discipline and grievances handled as per the HR policy.
- Recruitment process facilitated to the fullest within the required timelines.
- HR professional support given to management and staff.
Detailed Roles and responsibilities
- Update HR information management system that includes maintaining personal records of employees on matters such as attendance, organisation changes and leave management.
- Participate in HR information management through provision of the required payroll information, monitoring daily attendance and encouraging time management.
- Create awareness and implement HR policies and procedures by explaining the personnel policy and employment manual.
- Handle staff welfare matters such as assist employees with work matters, medical insurance documentation and other related personal issues.
- Promote health and safety measures through effective supervision by the teams.
- Work closely with various department heads to address HR issues through performance evaluations and appraisals by coordinating, controlling and monitoring the process; keeping appraisal files updated and organised.
- Organise and participate in staff training sessions such as career development and conducting staff orientation and induction.
- Participate in disciplinary meetings and grievance handling.
- Facilitate recruitment process for the available vacancies and volunteer positions by providing advice and assistance with writing/reviewing job descriptions, scheduling, organizing and participating in interviews.
- Attend departmental and other committee meetings to provide information, when required.
- Provide advice to CoRSU management and staff about HR best practices and adherence to the Ugandan labour laws.
- Perform other related duties as required by the management.
Academic/Professional qualifications, work experience, knowledge & skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management
- 1st degree in other humanities, and a Post Graduate qualification in HRM.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in HR Management.
- Member of a Human Resource Management Association of Uganda (HRMAU) or other HR professional body.
- Knowledge of Uganda Labour laws.
- Good computer knowledge and skills.
- Interpersonal skills, Communication skills and customer care skills
- Organizational and analytical skills.
- Good oral and high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Interpersonal and problem solving skills